Penang State STEM Carnival: Arduino 101 Workshop
Institut Pendidikan Guru Kampus Tuanku Bainun, Mengkuang, Bukit Mertajam
2 July 2019
1.00 pm - 4.30 pm
Free of Charge
Arduino is an open-source electronics platform based on easy-to-use hardware and software. It's intended for anyone making interactive projects. Arduino senses the environment by receiving inputs from many sensors, and affects its surroundings by controlling lights, motors, and other actuators. You can tell your Arduino what to do by writing code in the Arduino programming language and using the Arduino development environment.
To enable participants to understand and learn how to use microcontroller (Arduino) application in controlling various types of electronic components.
Secondary school students (Form 3 – Form 5)
- 1. Introduction to Microcontroller (Arduino)
Background of Arduino, its functions, components, and ports.
- 2. Overview on the Function of Various Electronic Component
Introduction to various electronic components (E.g. breadboard, jumper wire, LED, push button, resistor, motor, buzzer).
- 3. Electronic Circuit Construction to Integrate Arduino with Various Electronic Components
Hands-on practical session on electronic circuit construction to integrate Arduino with various electronic components (E.g. fading LED, motor rotation, buzzer to produce different sounds, and a simple project to replicate how a traffic light works).
- 4. Coding for Arduino Using IDE
Learning how to code Arduino using IDE to control various electronic components (E.g. simple coding to replicate traffic light).
Terms and Conditions
- 1. Only 30 seats are available for this workshop and the availability is on first-come, first-served basis. The workshop registration will be closed once all seats are taken.
- 2. Each school is only allowed to register up to 3 students.