About This Course
As we move towards Industry 4.0, there will be more and more challenges for Project Managers, Project Leads, Project Teams, and Project Practitioners. The objective of this workshop is to help participants understand and acquire fundamental project management knowledge, skills, tools and techniques to be successful in this challenging environment. With the knowledge and skills acquired, participants will be able to plan and manage projects from the initiation stage to the closing stage, in multi-sites and in a global environment. Participants will also be able to utilise and customise various project management tools and techniques introduced in the class and apply them in their respective organisations. They will also understand their roles, responsibilities, and values in various projects, not only to achieve their goals but to also stay ahead in the Industry 4.0 environment.
- Basic understanding of data management concepts and constructs such as relational database tables
- Know how different pieces of data logically relate to one another.
Project Practitioners, Project Managers, Executives, Engineers, Team Leads, and Functional Managers who are involved in or managing projects of various sizes and nature
- Project Initiating
- The program will start off with an overview of Project Management, its processes, and Industry 4.0. A project charter is critical to define the project objectives. In addition, setting clear project scope, time, and cost are important factors to ensure success. (A comprehensive case study will be introduced in parallel, to let participants apply the knowledge and skills learned)
- Project Planning
- The adequacy of a project plan will determine the project’s success or failure. Extra effort is needed at this stage to ensure that the project is carried out smoothly. The selection of a competent leader to manage the project serves as an essential factor, while proper organisation structure, clear work breakdown structure and responsibilities, and detailed schedule planning will define the overall project framework. In the Industry 4.0 environment, most projects consist of global teams from different countries or multiple locations and as such, it is critical to have good cultural understanding and proper communication channels. The usage of Internet and online tools and techniques are important to ensure effective communications and information sharing. Effective risk management is also important as key risks must be identified and responses formulated at this stage. (The case study is based on multi-sites, global, and Industry 4.0 environment. Participants will use online tools and techniques for planning and collaboration)
- Project Executing
- Having a good plan does not mean the project will succeed automatically. The ability to execute various project activities effectively will lead to the project success. It is important to build and develop the project team and manage changes and risks.
- Project Monitoring and Controlling
- Close monitoring and control over the project life cycle is critical for success. In a fast-paced environment, it is important for Project Managers to use proper management skills and technology to steer their projects towards the end goals. Effective change management system and interpersonal skills can ensure that projects stay on-course. As the deliverables are produced, internal quality control and obtaining customer acceptance on time is important.
- Project Closing
- Most people forgo the importance of closing the project. At this closing stage, the project scope is verified, lessons are compiled, and project files are properly stored for future reference.