IIoT PLUGFEST 2018
IIoT PLUGFEST 2018
27 - 29 November 2018
9.00am – 5.00pm
This initiative is funded by EEPN. T&C apply.
The IIoT Plugfest is a unique hands-on program that aims to build internal talent pool within the E&E sector by applying the benefits of Industry 4.0 (I4.0) via the integration of equipment/systems and visualisation of data using IIoT to improve productivity.
How The Program Works
- 60 Engineers will be selected to carry out a project and develop a Proof of Concept (PoC) at their respective companies
- Participants will start the program by attending the 3-day Plugfest
workshop and hands-on session at the PSDC:
- Workshop on the Introduction to Industry 4.0, IIoT, Project Consideration and Productivity Methodologies (1.5 days)
- Hands-on session on setting up IoT devices, configuring dashboard, and system interrogation using various protocols (1.5 days)
- Upon completion of the Plugfest workshop, each participant must carry out an IIoT PoC project, which involves data acquisition and remote monitoring capability to improve productivity at their manufacturing site.
- Successful projects from this program will be showcased in a special I4.0 event in 2019.
- The PSDC and EEPN, together with their technology partners, will provide coaching to participants during the workshop session.
- Participant/s from each company will be given the necessary IIoT-related starter kits (eg controller hardware, gateway, sensors, and access to cloud services, etc) to test and use during the workshop session. Upon completion of the workshop, participants will be using the kits for an IIoT project implementation at their company.
- Participants can request for advisory support from the technology partners during the implementation of their PoC project. The advisory support is subject to the availability of the technology partner.
Who Should ParticipateEquipment/IT/Automation Engineers and Senior Technicians from Electrical & Electronic (E&E) manufacturing companies
Terms & Conditions
- 1. This program is open to participants from the Electrical & Electronic (E&E) manufacturing industry only.
- 2. Participant must be a Malaysian citizen.
- 3. Participant must be from a Malaysian-based company. Participants from MNCs are allowed to participate as long as their company has operations in Malaysia.
- 4. Each company can only enrol a maximum of TWO (2) Engineers/Technicians.
- 5. Participants need to complete their pilot implementation project in their manufacturing operations within THREE (3) months from the completion of the Plugfest workshop and hands-on session.
- 6. If the participant/company fails to complete the pilot implementation within the stipulated period, the organisers reserve the right to impose a penalty of RM5,000, which is the full IIoT Plugfest program cost, on the participating company.
- 7. Each participant is required to provide a written report to the organisers on the pilot implementation, which must include information such as photographic proof of the implementation, data collection and improvement, and a write-up on other experience gained during the project. The report must be submitted no later than TWO (2) weeks after the completion of the pilot implementation project.
- 8. The participant/participating company is required to support future visitation requests or invitations to share on their pilot project experience from organisers.