About This Course
Albert Einstein said, "Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited, whereas imagination is the language of the soul. Pay attention to your imagination and you will discover all you need to be fulfilled.”
The story of leadership has changed to reflect the dynamically changing business and social landscape of today. Leaders of the past gave instructions, based on a vision passed down from the forces above, while they watched and waited for delivery of outcomes expected. Communication was primarily one way and highly made up of an authoritative, position-centered tone.
In today’s world of business, the leader must embrace a highly engaging communication approach that inspires, demonstrates integrity, purpose and meaning to bring out the best in millennials and others who have access to so much information and opportunity, in a dizzy environment comprising political, economic, environmental, social and personal perspectives that influences everyone on a daily basis. Change is the norm and the leader’s job is not one of purely getting work done, it is one where he/she needs to influence and invite a sense of ownership and belonging for a longer term commitment. The leader has to transform to becoming a story teller in order to transform others. Story telling must become a strategic communication tool and language in a digital era of fast change, to capture attention and shift others emotionally and objectively.
At the end of the session, participants will have:
- Understood the science behind story-telling and begin to strategize the optimum use of story-telling at work and at home
- Learnt how to Inspire authenticity and commitment through great stories
- Learnt what makes a good story that will stay way after the story has been told
- Basic understanding of data management concepts and constructs such as relational database tables
- Know how different pieces of data logically relate to one another.
Frontline to Senior Leaders
- Introduction to Story Telling
- Story Telling As a Strategic Leadership Tools
- The Pillars of Story Telling
- Practical Story Telling Workshop