- To operate CNC 3 axis / 5 axis milling machines to produce the required order parts in accordance with the required job order and technical specifications.
- Responsible to setup machine for operator and managing daily CNC activity from scheduling, headcount arrangement.
- Monitor technician/setter on all setup process for CNC machines.
- Able to set up & operate various type of CNC milling machines e.g 3 axis, 5 axis router machine.
- Responsible in CNC machine setup for junior level CNC Machinists to help eliminate non-conformance and machine down time.
- Provide training and guidance for junior level CNC Machinists to complete their job efficiently.
- Perform cutter adjustments either by tool offset, geometry offset or physical sizing of boring bars at the machine.
- Act fast and able to perform quick changeover in daily activity.
- To continuously seeking solution to improve on process capability to optimize productivity.
- Administer and perform all editing on all CNC programs and identify all errors and determine all tools and fixtures for all parts.
- Performs basic preventative maintenance for the machine, able to identify and troubleshoot minor alarm/error codes in the machine.
- Update and communicate the production output status for the shift to production planner.
- SPM, Professional Certificate, Diploma in CNC background, Mechanical or any equivalent .
- Working Experience: Minimum 2 years in related working experience in manufacturing environment.
- Basic understanding of computer programming and CAD/CAM software e.g NX will added advantage.
- Candidates with experience in 3 Axis & 5 Axis router, CNC Machine will be an advantage.Good time management, interpersonal, communication & problem-solving skills.
- Skills in recognizing improper functioning of machine and/or cutting actions of tools
- Ability to read, understand and interpret technical drawings.