One of the challenges while working on the IoT project is its learning curve at the perspective working with software and hardware. In this course we will cover all the concepts of 7 layers (Layer 1-Fog, Layer 2-Communication, Layer 3-Cloud, Layer 4-Big Data, Layer 5-Reporting, Layer 6-Custom Apps and Layer 7-Decision Making) of IoT through design approach and application development, start from basic working embedded board, sensors, software logic, protocols and cloud interfaces that is widely applied in world class products and respectful organization.
We will walkthrough each layer through hands on activity to utilize the best embedded board today that is ESP8266. In details, ESP8266 is built with integrated Wi-Fi chips and a microcontroller. Comparing with other embedded board, ESP8266 is just 5mm x 5mm, but integrated with external circuitry and integrates with 32-bit Tensilica microcontroller, standard digital peripheral interfaces, antenna switches, power amplifier, low noise receive amplifier, filters and power management modules, all in one.
On top of that, it's super low cost and very effective. And best thing you will learn is, ESP8266 support Arduino way of development, meaning if you familiar with Arduino, ESP8266 is consider an upgrade and your software will just work so well and with tons of enhancement! So, for those who not yet cover Arduino, this course will bring you detail tutorial for quick steps and ensure you can adapt the Arduino environment easily. Overall, you will learn in details of layer 1, 2 and 3 on making things as this is major step where you will need understand the capability of a hardware and make software communicate with the internet which will enable the IoT.
The course will also bring you details introduction on working with cloud for making end to end application, the course will also explore the programming the embedded devices to send data from the device to the Amazon Web Service (AWS). In summary, AWS is basically a cloud services deliver by Amazon that today are market the leader and standard for industry to creating scalable and manageable web services solution. AWS is come with IoT solution where as you can start sending signal to your interface at your AWS system in the internet.
In details of layer 4, 5, 6 and 7, you will learn the protocol like MQTT that it stands as best way to transmit data for IoT application. You will learn how to transmit low packet of data via MQTT broker via devices firmware, sending JSON or XML sensor data, to the AWS IoT console to linkage with IoT embedded platform. This to bring you closer on prototyping, we will put everything together in this course expand with programming examples, analytics and visualizations. After completing the course, you will be equipped with strong knowledge product development of IoT and that will level up your skills of knowing how it works with best method approach to develop IoT application.
By the end of the program, participants will be able to:
- Know how to work with actual IoT product development from design, code and push it to cloud IoT.
- Know to work with embedded hardware controllers, sensors, relays, displays and much more.
- Know to code for embedded project and make things works from low level to high level application.
- Able to understand details on how things work via connectivity and protocols
- Know how to connect to cloud IOT as platforms of services, the database, virtual machine and application functionality.
- Level up skill by practice, the course emphasize hand on at every module to ensure deep understanding and interactive learning.
Target AudienceTechnical Executives and Engineering Executives
- Familiar with basic programming & with Internet technologies (like TCP/IP & HTTP) would help
- Basic knowledge in electronics is helpful but not mandatory
- No prior knowledge about the Internet of Things is required
- Students are encourage to combine with IoT Prototype Development kit package so they can later bring back to continue working with prototype.