The Internet of Things (IoT) is an exciting field that proposes to have all the devices that surround us connected to the Internet and interacting with us, but also between each other. It's estimated that there will be 50 billion IoT devices in the world by the year 2020. Yet, even we are surrounding with machines, sensors, indicators and much more, the integration are not yet reach to the level intelligent. Towards Industry 4.0, we called as Cyber Physical System (CPS) as path for factory ecosystem for any industry to move on further.
Examples include intelligent green house, intelligent transportation system, power distribution grid, smart home, smart building, and smart city. Among these application domains, some of them have been extensively studied, e.g., smart home and intelligent transportation systems. In the meantime, smart buildings and smart cities attract researchers and industries to investigate these two use scenarios. Well-designed IoT/CPS can reduce energy consumption, enhance safety in buildings and cities, or can increase the comfortability in the building.
In this course, we focus hands on method to the actual IoT development kit, small, cheap, but powerful, the ESP8266 it is a perfect tool to connect with machines, sensors, interface to achieved control and monitor the data. ESP8266 presents an best Internet of Things available because it able to work in real-time due to readily built WiFi and Bluetooth embedded to the chips, developer can start push the data wirelessly anytime and anywhere, this makes building system cost-effective and portable to be integrate any location.
Each chapters in this course require you to work with hardware and software, you will be provide each IoT Development Kit that come set with sensors and interface for you to continue to solve industrial problem statements. You are going to learn everything you need to know on how to build IoT projects using the ESP8266 Wi-Fi chip.
We shall immerse how easy to controlling and monitoring home appliances from anywhere in the globe using MQTT server. This are so called automation system includes an integrated temperature, humidity sensor module and motion detection by the PIR sensor that comes together with the IoT Prototype Development Kit.
You will learn the solution on how to embedded IoT for your production ecosystem from industrial activity tracker collect, monitor the production output, control it and then combine all together into automation.
The course also for you to decide the level of automation for your project, you will learn the approach of Industry 4.0 ecosystem through the technology pillars and next additional design parameters to ensure you are designing a standard industrial IoT solution. After completing the course, you will rewarding valuable knowledge that will ensure your IoT project development success and proceeding your career path into the next level.
By the end of the program, participants will be able to:
- Know how to work with actual IoT product development from design, code and push it to cloud IoT.
- Know to work with embedded hardware controllers, sensors, relays, displays and much more.
- Know to code for embedded project and make things works from low level to high level application.
- Able to understand details on how things work via connectivity and protocols
- Know how to connect to cloud IOT as platforms of services, the database, virtual machine and application functionality.
- Level up skills by practice. The course emphasizes hands-on at every module to ensure deep understanding and interactive learning.
Target AudienceTechnical Executives and Engineering Executives
- Familiar with basic programming & with Internet technologies (such as TCP/IP & HTTP) would help
- Basic knowledge in electronics is helpful but not mandatory
- No prior knowledge about the Internet of Things is required
- Students are encouraged to combine with IoT Prototype Development kit package so they can later bring back to continue working with prototype.