According to the Malaysia’s Healthiest Workplace survey in 2017 – Companies in Malaysia have the second highest number of days lost in terms of work time per employee per year compared to their peers in Singapore, Hong Kong and Australia, The survey findings placed Malaysia after Hong Kong, with a total of 67 days lost per employee per year. It’s stated that 40-50% of job turnover is due to stress which leads to work life in balance and poor time management, absenteeism, presenteeism, low work productivity, procrastination, low self-esteem and an overall deterioration of employee well-being and health.
The above statistics justifies that job demands come into play with heavy workloads, under staffing, overtime and looming deadlines, causing employees to work even though they are in less than optimal health. Hence, integrating employee health to productivity is crucial and timely especially today when all of us are facing the Covid -19 pandemic. Fear of being retrenched has induced stress factor to double fold, taking a massive toll on the employee’s well-being as well.
Hence, our aim is to integrate employee health to productivity by introducing the concept of work life balance through stress, health and time management. With 23 years of experience as a consultant pharmacist, I have helped many employees manage their stress, diet and diseases, which in turn helps them manage their time wisely and effectively. Our research showed that employees were happier and found to be more productive when they had a better control over their stress, diet and life style.
The objective of this workshop is to manage the underlying root cause of work life imbalance and employee overall well-being, which relates directly to personal and work productivity. It will certainly assist companies to provide a more conducive work environment to attract and retain people, improve employee engagement and ultimately increase the ROI. Upon completion of this program, participants will be able to:
- Understand the correlation between overall well-being and health to productivity.
- Understand the concept and meaning of stress in relation to employee’s productivity and health
- Understanding stress and its symptoms. Self-evaluation of stress and coping ability
- Recognize the sign and symptoms of a stressed state/body
- Identify employee’s personal stress level and their coping ability.
- Understand why healthy diet and life style change directly relates to controlled work life balance and better work productivity
- Time management as an integral element to work life balance. Setting goals, the SMART concept, understanding the urgent/important matrix
- Managing procrastination, crisis management and importance of delegation to achieve a successful stress free and work life balance
Managers, Supervisors, Administrators, Support Staff, Customer Service Staff, etc., who are working in high-pressure, medium pressure environments, where, stress is affecting their performance and health. It would definitely be a useful program for any individual who need to manage his/her Work-Life balance.