This program is suitable for anyone wanting to learn the most common type of CNC programming known as ISO programming. Ideally, participants need to have some basic idea of how CNC machine work and a basic understanding on cutting tools.
Many other controls use very similar systems and it will not take much to adapt your skills to program these controls. It is the best foundation for CNC programming. The course outcome also wide coverage on the concept of CNC milling process and machine set up.
Upon completion of this competency unit, trainees will be able to:-
- Interpret drawing
- Create CNC conventional programming
- Select cutting tools & workpiece
- Execute the CNC milling operation
- Inspect finished products
Target AudienceEmployees with engineering background. Technician or engineer with some fundamental knowledge on CNC machine.
10 days on weekdays (Monday until Friday) @ PSDC, Penang.
Program commencement is subject to company’s request (in-house classes/lab) or upon the availability of a sufficient number of participants (public classes).
*Courses can be delivered for a minimum of 8 - 20 participants, for cost effective solution.
- Drawing Requirements
- Type of Workpiece Material & Cutting Tools
- Milling Process
- Cutting speed, RPM & Feed
- Introduction to Programming
- Profile Milling
- Canned Cycle
- Types of Clamping Device
- Workpiece Mounting Technique
- Setup Origin
- Setup Cutting Tools & Holder
- Tool Data Input
- Tool Length Compensation
- Introduction to CNC Milling Machine
- Introduction to Machine Controller
- Machine Function
- Safety Precautions
- Actual Cut
- Product Detail Drawing for Inspection
- Measuring Equipment and Instrument
- Finished Product Inspection