We are strengthening our team in Penang with QA Packaging Engineer to ensure the quality of the products. To assist and support QA department head in daily QA activities and compliance to ISO 9001. This would be a great position for someone who is technical and has specialty in quality control, has excellent communication skills and who takes strong initiative in quality assurance. This position requires a hands-on individual with a positive and energetic attitude.
- Candidate MUST be able to perform inspection of purchased parts, subassemblies or finished product according to defined criteria (include FAI inspection)
- Candidate MUST be able to assist management of quality assurance team including but not limited to identifying, developing and establishing quality assurance standards
- Candidate MUST be able to handle quality issues until timely closure (include to drive containment actions, corrective actions and preventive actions internally and externally)
- To prepare 8D reports and issue nonconformance report to suppliers and related department due to nonconformity
- To track quality performance (including supplier performance) and prepare quality report
- To analyze data and provide suggestions for improvements
- Any other tasks assign by superior as deem necessary from time to time
Additional Duties and Accountabilities:
- Accomplishes all tasks as appropriately assigned or requested.
- Ensure all the task completed within the tide deadline.
- A good Team player
- Leading project with small teams
- Degree in packaging engineering, mechanical engineering, manufacturing engineering, material engineering or equivalent.
- Candidate will have minimum three (3) years’ experience in Packaging Industries or working experience in product quality or related field.
- Good knowledge and familiar with ISO9001 and ISO14001.
- Bi-Lingual Capabilities Desirable (English/Chinese/Other)