Conventional machinist are an essentially part of manufacturing within the business unit. They supplement CNC machines by producing fixturing and/or machining product due to limited capacity or simplicity of the operation. Represent company in a professional and exemplary manner before our suppliers, employees and community at large.
- Set-up and operate most jobs on (i.e. 3 + tools) conventional machines with both fixturing and/or standard set-ups within a cell with minimal supervision in accordance to set-up sheet, blueprints and operation sheets per customer requirements
- Inspection of work with minimal assistance from senior machinist or supervisor
- Train lesser grade individuals on all aspects of conventional machining and proper inspection methods
- Trouble shoots and adjusts set-ups as necessary, document changes per procedure
- Make adjustments to maintain dimensional integrity
- Ensure machine and inspection set-up are adequate for the product
- Document set-ups on set-up sheets
- Verify the revision level for the current operation (operation sheets, blueprints)
- Verify Pc. Count and all applicable documentation for completion of previous operations.
- Complete all applicable documentation for the current operation
- Update Job travelers with changes to routings and runtimes
- Complies with work rules including those pertaining to safety, health, quality system, and company
- Quality Management System
- Participates on various teams to achieve performance metrics
- Maintains machine maintenances and log
- Minimum 3+ years of shop manual machine experience
- Ability to use typical inspection equipment
- Ability to read most blueprints and operation sheets
- Ability to use trigonometry and on blueprints and operation sheets
- Working with cutting & machining fluids, solvents, lubricants and other hazardous chemicals using appropriate safety controls
- Employee will be expected to attend safety training, serve on the facility safety committee and participate in hazard analysis and resolution.
- Lifting up to 50 pounds
- Frequent carrying, bending, standing, sitting, and repetitive motion