The Diploma in Manufacturing Technology (CAD/CAM) Level 4 Program provides skills training and knowledge in Manufacturing Technology and various processes such as Jig and Fixture Design, CAD/CAM application, Control Systems, and Quality Control.
Course ObjectivesUpon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Master the CAD/CAM application and advanced machining such as 4-axis machining process.
- Master the fundamentals if Control Systems such as PLC, hydraulic, and pneumatic functions.
- Plan manufacturing processes and perform supervisory functions.
- Gain opportunities for a more competitive career in the machining industry (eg aerospace components, medical equipment, etc).
- Acquire the JPK DKM Level 4 (MC-050-4: 2012) Diploma.
Graduates with JPK DKM Level 4 (MC-050-4: 2012) qualification are eligible to further their studies in the Diploma Lanjutan Kemahiran Malaysia (DLKM) Level 5 program or pursue their first degree at any MTUN universities (with at least 1 credit in any subject in SPM and minimum Band 1 in MUET). Graduates are also able to start their career as a CAD/CAM Programmer, Jig and Fixture Designer, or Assistant Engineer.
Learning Methods30% theory/classroom sessions and 70% extensive hands-on practical sessions
- CAD Data Analysis
- Manufacturing Process Planning
- Jig & Fixture Design
- CAM Development
- CNC Machining Operation Verification
- Quality Control Coordination
- Equipment Calibration Coordination
- Engineering Mathematics
- National Core Abilities 4
- Control Systems
- Final-Year Project
- Pass SPM or its equivalent with at least one (1) credit in any subject and a pass in Mathematics
- Must have at least JPK SKM Level 3 qualification in Machining Operation