The Precision Machining Technology (PMT) Level 3 Program provides students with training in CNC Machining and process planning. It also provides workplace exposure and experience to students through On-Job- Training.
Course ObjectivesUpon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Perform all given tasks safely.
- Prepare CNC programs.
- Operate CNC Milling, CNC Grinding, EDM, and Wire Cut machines effectively.
- Acquire the JPK SKM Level 3 (MC-050-3:2015) Certificate
Graduates with JPK SKM Level 3 (MC-050-3:2015) qualification are eligible to further their studies in the Precision Machining Technology Level 4 (DKM Level 4) Program. Graduates are also able to start their career as a CNC Machinist, Technician, or Programmer.
Learning Methods30% theory/classroom sessions and 70% extensive hands-on practical sessions
- Introduction to Computer Numerical Control
- Metrology 3
- CNC Milling Machine Operation
- CNC Electrical Discharge Machine (EDM) Die Sinking Operation
- CNC Electrical Discharge Machine (EDM) Wire Cut Operation
- Micro Grinding Operation
- CNC Grinding Machine Operation
- Machine Maintenance Supervision
- Machining Operation Supervision
- Applied Mathematics 3
- Technical English 3
- CAM Milling (MASTERCAM)
- National Core Abilities 3
- Must pass Mathematics, Bahasa Melayu, Science, and English in SPM
- Must have JPK SKM Level 2 qualification in Machining Operation (JPK Program Code:H-013- 2,MC- 032-2,MC- 050-2:2012)