The Precision Machining Technology (PMT) Level 2 Program provides students with invaluable hands-on machine tool experience and training especially in manual machining processes.
Course ObjectivesUpon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Perform all given tasks safely.
- Operate conventional machining tools.
- Acquire the JPK SKM Level 2 (MC-050- 2:2012) Certificate.
Graduates with JPK SKM Level 2 (MC-050- 2:2012) qualification are eligible to further their studies in the Precision Machining Technology Level 3 (PMT Level 3) Program. Graduates are also able to start their career as a Machinist, CNC Lathe Setter, or Programmer.
Learning Methods30% theory/classroom sessions and 70% extensive hands-on practical sessions
- Measuring Instrument Handling
- Lathe Machine Operation
- Milling Machine Operation
- Grinding Machine Operation
- EDM Die Sinking Operation
- CNC Lathe Operation
- Component Assembly Operation
- Machine Preventive Maintenance
- Technical English 2
- Applied Mathematics 2
- National Core Abilities 2
- Tool & Cutter Grinder Operation (Elective)
- Must pass Mathematics, Bahasa Melayu, Science, and English in SPM