The Industrial Automation Technology (IAT) Level 2 Program involves 3 major engineering disciplines: Mechanical, Electrical, and Electronics. Through this program, students will learn to perform 2D and 3D Industrial Automation Engineering Sketching and prepare Industrial Automation Fabrication and Sub-Assembling requirements. They will also be exposed to the use of conventional machines such as lathe, drilling, and milling machines.
Course ObjectivesUpon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Design and develop automation systems by using Electronic, Mechanical, Electrical, Information, and Computer Technology.
- Acquire the JPK SKM Level 2 (MC-091- 2:2016) Certificate.
Graduates with JPK SKM Level 2 (MC-091- 2:2016) qualification are eligible to further their studies in the Industrial Automation Technology (IAT) Level 3 Program. Graduates are also able to start their career as a Technician or Technical Assistant.
Learning Methods30% theory/classroom sessions and 70% extensive hands-on practical sessions
- Industrial Automation Engineering Drafting
- Industrial Automation Computer-Aided Design and Drafting
- Industrial Automation Fabrication and Sub- Assembling
- Industrial Automation Installation
- Industrial Automation Systems Maintenance
- Technical English Level 2
- Mathematics Level 2
- National Core Abilities 2
- Must pass Mathematics, Bahasa Melayu, Science, and English in SPM