INTRODUCTION TO INDUSTRY 4.0
Introduction to Industry 4.0 is a program designed to introduce to the participants about the key design principles and components of the new revolution, its key challenges, and the new potential opportunities for the entire value chain of the implementation. In the current industry environment, providing high-end quality service or product with the least cost is the key to success and industrial factories are trying to achieve as much performance as possible to increase their profit as well as their reputation. In this way, various data sources are available to provide worthwhile information about different aspects of the factory. In this stage, the utilization of data for understanding current operating conditions and detecting faults and failures is an important topic to research. In contrast, in an Industry 4.0 factory, in addition to condition monitoring and fault diagnosis, components and systems are able to gain self-awareness and self-predictive, which will provide management with more insight on the status of the factory.
By the end of the course, participants will be able to understand how the system integration works between various aspects of the Industry 4.0 which include Supply Chain, Cloud Computing, Cyber Security, Additive Manufacturing, Autonomous Robot, Augmented Reality, Industrial Internet of Things, Big Data Analytics, and Horizontal & Vertical Integration. Participants will also be introduced to the basic understanding of each pillar which include its working principles, benefits, pro and cons, and key challenges.
- National Strategic Road Map on IoT
- Defining Industry 4.0
- The Enablers of the New Revolution
- Industry 4.0 Framework and Blueprint
- Introduction to 9 Pillars of Industry 4.0
- Pillar 1 – 4 (Supply Chain, IIoT, Cloud, Big Data Analytics)
- Pillar 5 – 9 (Cyber Security, Augmented Reality, Additive Manufacturing, Horizontal & Vertical Integration, Autonomous Robots)
- Key Benefits to the Industry
- Sharing of Best Practices from Industry 4.0 Pioneers
- Convergence and Operational Technology and Information Technology
CLOUD COMPUTING OVERVIEW
Cloud computing potentially affects every aspect of an organization’s IT department. In this training course, you will evaluate and assess the business and technical benefits of cloud computing, gain the foundation to analyse cloud applications for use in your organization and learn how cloud computing can provide efficient solutions to technical, business, and administrative challenges.
By the end of the course, participants will be able to:
- Exploit the benefits of the different cloud service models: SaaS, PaaS, and IaaS
- Leverage services provided by the major public cloud providers
- Apply tips and best practices when adopting the cloud
Module 1: Introduction to Cloud Computing
- Defining cloud computing
- Components of a computing cloud
- Differentiating types of clouds: publics, private and hybrid
- Delivering services from the cloud
- Categorizing service types
- Comparing vendor cloud products: Amazon, Google, Microsoft and Others
Module 2: Adopting the Cloud
- Key drivers of cloud computing solutions
- Instantaneous provisioning of computing resources
- Tapping into an infinite storage capacity
- Cost-effective pay-as-use billing models
- Evaluating barriers to cloud computing
- Handling sensitive data
- Aspects of cloud security
- Assessing governance solutions
Module 3: Exploiting Software as a Service (Saas)
- Characterizing SaaS
- Streamlining administration with centralized installation
- Optimizing cost and performance with scale on demand
- Comparing service scenarios
- Improving collaboration with business productivity tools
- Simplifying business process creation by integrating existing components
- Inspecting SaaS technologies
- Deploying web applications
- Implementing web services: SOAP and REST
- Choosing a development platform
IMPLEMENTING MICROSOFT AZURE INFRASTRUCTURE SOLUTIONS
This course is intended for IT professionals who are familiar with managing on-premises IT deployments that include AD DS, virtualization technologies, and applications. The participants typically work for organizations that are planning to locate some or all of their infrastructure services on Azure. This course also is intended for IT professionals who want to take the Microsoft Certification exam, 70-533, Implementing Azure Infrastructure Solutions. This course is intended for IT professionals who have some knowledge of cloud technologies and want to learn more about Azure.
This course offers participants the opportunity to take an existing web application and expand its functionality as part of moving it to Azure. The course does not require any existing experience with the ASP.NET platform. This course focuses on the architectural considerations and decisions necessary when building a highly available solution in the cloud. This course also prepares the participants for the 70-532: Developing Microsoft Azure Solutions certification exam.
The candidates targeted by this training have basic experience in implementing and monitoring Microsoft Azure solutions. Candidates are also proficient with the development tools, techniques and approaches used to build application solutions.
By the end of the course, participants will be able to:
- Describe Azure architecture components, including infrastructure, tools, and portals.
- Implement and manage virtual networking within Azure and connect to on-premises environments.
- Plan and create Azure virtual machines.
- Configure, manage, and monitor Azure virtual machines to optimize availability and reliability.
- Deploy and configure web apps and mobile apps.
- Implement, manage, backup, and monitor storage solutions.
- Plan and implement data services based on SQL Database to support applications.
- Deploy, configure, monitor, and diagnose cloud services.
- Create and manage Azure AD tenants, and configure application integration with Azure AD.
- Integrate on-premises Windows AD with Azure AD.
- Automate operations in Azure management by using automation.
- Review the services available in the Azure platform and the Management Portals used to manage the service instances.
- Create a Virtual Machine using the Azure Management Portal and create an image of the VM.
- Create an Azure Web Site and publish an existing ASP.NET web application to the site.
- Create an Azure SQL server and database.
- Describe and identify the common practices and patterns for building resilient and scalable web applications that will be hosted in Azure.
- Create an Azure Cloud Service project in Visual Studio 2013 and debug locally.
- Create a background process using an Azure Worker Role.
- Create an Azure Table Storage table and manage the table data using the .NET API for Azure Storage.
- Create Azure Files SMB file share and store documents.
- Create an Azure Storage Queue instance to store requests.
- Create an Azure Service Bus queue instance to store requests.
- Create an Azure Service Bus namespace and use the namespace to connect a cloud web application to the local WCF service.
- Create a Virtual Machine using the existing SQL template and connect this Virtual Machine to the existing application.
- Create a test environment using PowerShell and the Azure Service Management CmdLets.
- Integrate ASP.NET Identity for the administration portal with Azure Active Directory.
- Deploy the web application projects to Azure.
Module 1: Introduction to Azure
- Overview of cloud technology
- Overview of Azure
- Managing Azure with Azure portals
- Managing Azure with Windows PowerShell
- Overview of Azure Resource Manager
- Azure Management Services
Lab: Using Azure Resource Manager to manage Azure
- Using Azure portals
- Using Azure Resource Manager features via Azure portal
- Using Azure PowerShell
Module 2: Implementing and Managing Azure Networking
- Overview of Azure networking
- Implementing and managing Azure virtual networks
- Configuring Azure virtual networks
- Configuring Azure virtual network connectivity
- Overview of Azure networking in an infrastructure as a service (IaaS) version 1 (v1)
Lab: Using a deployment template to implement Azure virtual networks
- Using GitHub to deploy the Azure Resource Manager template from the Azure portal
- Deploying the Azure Resource Manager template from Microsoft Visual Studio
Lab: Configuring connectivity between the IaaS v1 and IaaS version 2 (v2) virtual networks
- Using a PowerShell script to Connect IaaS v1 and IaaS v2 virtual networks
- Validating virtual network connectivity
Module 3: Implementing Virtual Machines
- Overview of IaaS v2 virtual machines
- Planning for Azure virtual machines
- Deploying Azure IaaS v2 virtual machines
- Authoring Azure Resource Manager virtual machine templates
- Overview of IaaS v1 virtual machines
Lab: Deploying Azure IaaS v2 virtual machines via Windows PowerShell and Azure portal
- Using Azure portal and a Windows PowerShell script to deploy an IaaS v2 virtual machine
- Validating the outcome of the deployment
Module 4: Managing virtual machines
- Configuring virtual machines
- Configuring virtual machine disks
- Managing and monitoring Azure virtual machines
- Managing IaaS v1 virtual machines
Lab: Managing virtual machines
- Configuring availability
- Implementing desired state configuration
- Implementing storage space–based volumes
Module 5: Implementing Azure Web App services
- Introduction to the Azure App Service
- Planning for Azure Web App deployment
- Implementing and maintaining web apps
- Configuring web apps
- Monitoring web apps and WebJobs
- Implementing mobile apps
- Overview of Azure Traffic Manager
Lab: Implementing websites
- Creating web apps
- Deploying a web app
- Managing web apps
- Implementing Azure Traffic Manager
Module 6: Planning and Implementing Storage, Backup, and Recovery Services
- Planning storage
- Implementing and managing storage
- Implementing Azure Content Delivery Networks
- Implementing Azure Backup
- Planning for and implementing Azure Site Recovery
Lab: Planning and implementing storage
- Creating and configuring storage
- Using Azure file storage
- Protecting data with Microsoft Azure Backup
- Protecting infrastructure as a service (IaaS) virtual machines with Azure Backup
Module 7: Planning and Implementing Azure SQL Database
- Planning for storing relational data in Azure
- Implementing Azure SQL Database
- Managing Azure SQL Database security
- Monitoring Azure SQL Database
- Managing Azure SQL Database business continuity
Lab: Planning and implementing data services
- Creating, securing, and monitoring a Microsoft Azure SQL Database
- Migrating a Microsoft SQL Server database to the Azure SQL Database
Module 8: Implementing PaaS Cloud Services
- Planning, creating, and deploying PaaS cloud services
- Managing cloud services
Lab: Implementing PaaS cloud services
- Deploying a platform as a service (PaaS) cloud service
- Configuring deployment slots and Remote Desktop Protocol (RDP)
- Monitoring cloud services
Module 9: Implementing Azure Active Directory
- Creating and managing Azure AD tenants
- Configuring application and resource access with Azure AD
- Overview of Azure AD Premium Storage
Lab: Implementing Azure AD
- Administering Active Directory AD DS
- Configuring single sign-on (SSO)
- Configuring multifactor authentication
- Configuring SSO from a Windows 10 computer
Module 10: Managing Active Directory in a hybrid environment
- Extending on-premises Active Directory into Azure
- Implementing directory synchronization (Azure AD Connect)
- Implementing federation with Active Directory Federation Services (AD FS) and Web Application Proxy
Lab: Implementing and managing Microsoft Azure Active Directory synchronization
- Configuring directory synchronization
- Synchronizing directories
Module 11: Implementing Azure-based management and Automation.
- Implementing Microsoft Operations Management Suite
- Implementing Azure Automation
- Implementing Automation Runbooks
- Managing Automation
Lab: Implementing Automation
- Configuring Automation accounts
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
This course is intended for:
- IT Professionals in the software industry who want to understand cloud computing technologies
- Software developers who want to understand cloud technologies to develop cloud applications in the future
- Start-ups that want to build their IT infrastructure on cloud at a fraction of the cost of traditional methods
- DBAs who want to switch over to Cloud Database Administration
- System Administrators who want to manage cloud infrastructure and networks
Work Experience in the IT Industry
The 5 days training are instructor-led training with access to remote training labs. Labs within a course can be accessed via the Microsoft Labs Online (MLO) platform via Microsoft Official Courses (MOC) On-Demand.
MOC On-Demand is an integrated combination of video, text, practical tasks and knowledge tests designed to help IT experts and developers to expand their knowledge about Microsoft technologies. They can also be used in the form of a Blended Class together with managed training courses, or as the basis for training solutions with mentoring and other learning programs.
Note: Broadband Internet connection (Recommended: Network bandwidth of over 4 Mbps)
8 days (mandatory to attend all training days)
Introduction to Industry 4.0: 2 Days
Cloud Computing Overview: 1 Day
Implementing Microsoft Azure Infrastructure Solutions: 5 Days
6, 13, 15, 21, 22 July
4, 5 Aug
Funded by HRDF under the National Empowerment In Certification And Training For Next Generation Workers (NECT-Gen – Industry 4.0) Program
TERMS & CONDITIONS
- Participants must be Malaysian
- Participants must be an employee of an HRDF levy-contributing company
- Applicants must fulfill the track prerequisites
- Participants must attend all training sessions and fill up all relevant attendance and evaluation forms
- Participants are not allowed to withdraw from the Program once their registration is approved
- Participants must sit for all relevant examinations after attending the training
- Any revision or re-examination attempt by participants will be at their own cost
- Participants must complete the Tracer Study forms (after 6 months) and submit a copy of their Certificate to PSDC