Telecommunication Engineering touches on the concepts and principles on how modern digital and analogue telecommunication functions. Since the advent of the humble telephone, to the latest mobile communication devices, telecommunication technology has become an integral part of modern life in a borderless knowledge-based economy. Telecommunication engineers are at the forefront to bring the world to the next level on how communication is done through various media such as fibre optics and wireless networks.
Full-time program spread over 6 semesters
Pass Sijil Pelajaran Malaysia (SPM) or its equivalent with at least credits in THREE (3) subjects (3 Cs), including Mathematics and ONE (1) relevant science/technical/vocational subject AND a pass in English.
Pass Unified Examination Certificate (UEC) or its equivalentwith at least credits in THREE (3) subjects (3 Bs), including Mathematics and ONE (1) relevant science/technical/vocational subject AND a pass in English.
Pass Sijil Tinggi Persekolahan Malaysia (STPM) or its equivalent with a pass in Mathematics, English and ONE (1) relevant science/technical/vocational subject at the SPM level.
Completion of Recognised Certificate in Engineering/Engineering Technology in relevant field or its equivalent with CGPA of 2.0.
Pass Level 3 of Sijil Kemahiran Malaysia (SKM) and obtain at least 1 credit in any subject at SPM. OR
Pass in Recognised related Vocational and Technical/Skills Certificate or its equivalent with ONE (1) year of relevant work experience.
Coursework & Examination
• Introduction students to concepts and principles on how modern digital and
analog telecommunication functions.
• Enable students to play an integral in the telecommunication industry which is vital to drive
tomorrow’s borderless knowledge-based economy.
• Train students to become telecommunication engineers who will offer the world cutting-edge communication
through various media such as fibre optics, ratio communication and wireless networks.
• Lead to acquiring the B.IT, B.ENG or B.Sc and M.ENG or M.Sc.
• Electrical Technology A
• Telecommunication Principles
• Introduction of Engineering Science
• Electronics 1
• English 1
• Analytical Methods for Engineers
• English 2
• Pendidikan Islam/Moral
• Engineering Mathematics
• Pengajian Malaysia
• Bahasa Kebangsaan
• Microelectronics Systems
• Signals and Systems
• Telecommunication Systems
• Introduction to Computer Programming
• Digital and Analog Devices and Circuits
• Business Management Techniques
• Electromagnetics Theory
• Data Communication and Networks
• Networks Analysis
• Engineering Science 2
• Electronics Communications System
• Communications Signal Processing
• Communication Engineering
• Optical Fibre Communications Systems
• Transmission and Switching Systems
• Final Year Project
• Industrial Attachment
* Subject to change
For further information and application, please contact: School2Work Team at 604 - 643 7909 ext. 524, 515, 517 & 539 Email: email@example.com